[Spacewalk-list] browsing source code

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 20:13:34 UTC 2008

Mike McCune wrote:
> Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> -1
>>> It duplicate:
>>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=tree
>>> Yeah I must admit it has much better interface, but what make me
>>> problem,
>>> that now in RSS of Spacewalk wiki:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/timeline?changeset=on&milestone=on&ticket=on&wiki=on&max=50&daysback=90&format=rss
>>>
>>> Is show changesets of each commit (even with changeset=off).
>>> Hmm, now I think about it I can write filter for this in my
>>> Thunderbird...
>>> So I can probably live with it.
>>
>> I can turn it back off. I completely forgot about the git repo view.
>> I guess
>> because it wasn't very prominent.
>>
>> jesus
>>

> It does have nicer URLs:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/java/README
>
> vs:
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=blob_plain;f=java/README;hb=HEAD
>

> Plus it is immediately obvious in the TRAC bar on our wiki where the
> source is.
>
> I say leave it on.

Looking just now, it seems the Trac plugin doesn't show branches at all.

At least for me, branches are useful.   If someone knows of a way to get
the Trac plugin to show git branches, or if I'm just blind, let me know.

Until then, I think I'm going to turn off my source browser for Cobbler :)

--Michael