[Spacewalk-list] Question about Spacewalk

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 08:48:22 UTC 2008

Romain Pelissier wrote:
> -          I have used spacewalk-setup –disconnected but what do the
> disconnect option really mean?

It means it is not connected to RHN.

> -          Spacewalk is ‘activated’ during the setup, but what is this mean?

It means, that it has valid certificate, which is localy (in
disconnected mode) verified.
You can later create your own certificate:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation

> -          Can Spacewalk retrieve the different repos from RHN (redhat
> networks web site) for my different systems and how? Or is this even
http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/faq.html#entitlements
No. Spacewalk cannot connect to RHN. However you can download channel
dumps and import them using satellite-sync -m.

> possible with Spacewalk? We always tought that Spacewalk could be a
> fully functional satellite server but at this point of the installation
> process, it is not so clear to me.

This is as it is :)
You either take Spacewalk for free and you are ready to solve possible
problems or you pay RH for support and you get stable Satellite.

> Bugs that I have found so far:
Please check if it reported or not:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Spacewalk&version=&component=&target_milestone=&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&fixed_in_type=allwordssubstr&fixed_in=&qa_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&qa_whiteboard=&devel_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&devel_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&cust_facing=&cust_facing_type=substring&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
and if not, report it:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spacewalk

--
Miroslav Suchy