[Spacewalk-list] RHN::Exception: DBD::Oracle when trying to commit kickstart trees with make-ks-tree

Kent Baxley kbaxley at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 13:16:51 UTC 2008

This one might just be a problem with how I'm using the script, but, I
thought I'd ask :-)

Here's what I did:

1) Created a channel named fedora-9-i386 and pushed content to it.

2) Downloaded and mounted the Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso and mounted it
under /mnt/iso.

3) Extracted the make-ks-tree stuff.

4) Ran the "dry-run" of the make-ks-tree.sh script:

./make-ks-tree.sh --channel fedora-9-i386 --source /mnt/iso --dsn
spacewalk/spacewalk at xe  --install-type fedora_9

...this worked fine

5) When I tried the above script again, this time with the --commit
option, I get the error message attached to this email.

If I'm using the script improperly, or, if I need to try something
else, then I'll be glad to do that.

Thanks.