[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback when trying to push content to Spacewalk Server

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 22:00:29 UTC 2008

Kent Baxley wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:22:03 -0400
> Pradeep Kilambi <pkilambi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> A quick look at the traceback shows that its not able to connect to
>> the db. May be worth rechecking your db connection.
>
> Ok. Still can't seem to get anything working.  Here are the contents of
> tnsnames.ora:
>
> cat /etc/tnsnames.ora
> XE =
>     (DESCRIPTION =
>        (ADDRESS_LIST =
>           (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
>        )
>        (CONNECT_DATA =
>           (SERVICE_NAME = xe)
>        )
>     )
>
> ...and I can connect to the database manually by using sqlplus
> spacewalk/spacewalk at xe:
>
>  sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Thu Jun 19 15:56:09 2008
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>

> Connected to:
> Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
>
> SQL>
>
> ...any other ideas?

I believe Kent got past the above error with this blurb from the wiki:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

increase max process ¶

Oracle XE is initially configured to grant 40 connections to its
database. Spacewalk needs more than this default configuration. We
recommend increase this setting to 400:

# sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe

..

SQL> alter system set parallel_max_servers = 400 scope=spfile;

System altered.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> quit

# /sbin/service oracle-xe restart

Make sure you do a 'service rhn-satellite restart' after the above.

--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com