Re: [Spacewalk-list] no Login.do ?

Bob,

(Bob sent me his catalina.out privately).
The relevant error I am seeing is here:

2008-06-25 12:08:24,014 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/rhn] - Error configuring application
listener of class com.redhat.rhn.webapp.RhnServletListener
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/redhat/rhn/webapp/RhnServletListener) bad major version at offset=6

This is due to the fact that the java code we shipped was compiled with Openjdk 1.6, but I'm guessing you are running a 1.5 jdk or earlier. Can you install the packages java-1.6.0-openjdk and java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel. Both are available through EPEL. Then simply restart your tomcat service.

-Justin

Justin Sherrill wrote:
Could you give us a copy of your /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out file?

Thanks,

-Justin

Craven Robert wrote:
Hello, I am not getting to the login screen. The error is from "tomcat" that "The requested resource (/rhn/Login.do) is not available." I followed the setup on the wiki page, no obvious errors. One deviation, is I pulled all the rpms down from the yum site (proxy issues) I am running on a Sun X4100, RHEL5.2 Server (32bit) This seems like a missing an rpm but I am unable to determine which rpm it is in. Thanks for any help. Bob Craven
Freescale Semiconductor.