[Spacewalk-list] Viewing updates for CentOS in spacewalk

Will Cladek william.cladek at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jun 27 11:40:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

We installed spacewalk on a CentOS 5 system and are trying to use it to manage updates for another CentOS 5 system.  We have used reposync for both the base and update repos for CentOS 5 and used rhnpush to push the content to the CentOS 5 channel we created.  The client is registered with the server, and when we run "yum update" on the client, it correctly sees that there are updates available on the server.

However, when we are signed into the spacewalk web interface, it shows that there are no updates available for the client.  The client only has a "Management" entitlement, and there is seemingly no way to give it an "Update" entitlement.  There is also no Errata at all listed under the "Errata" section.  How can we get this to display the updates available for registered clients?

Thanks,

Will