[Spacewalk-list] Feature suggestion: refer to external repositories

Matthew Barr mbarr at communityconnect.com
Mon Jun 30 18:04:30 UTC 2008

Another aspect is that makes a quick method for sharing a child
channel amongst multiple parents.

-- just make them an external channel, with the packages you need
shared,  Copy files, run createrepo, and you're done.

There really are 2 different types of custom channels:   The full copy
of a RH channel / upstream one, and one with a few locally built
packages.  I tend to want to share those among various parents, when I
have to use different parent channels.  (This has happened when I've
set up development systems using client/  workstation, and prod
systems with server.)

Matthew Barr
Community Connect  - Senior System Engineer
e:mbarr at communityconnect.com
c:347.682.8380
aim: matthewbarr1