Re: [Spacewalk-list] Feature suggestion: refer to external repositories

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Covil, K (Kim) wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Mike McCune
Sent: 30 June 2008 18:02
To: Covil, K (Kim)
Cc: 'spacewalk-list redhat com'
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Feature suggestion: refer to external repositories

Covil, K (Kim) wrote:
Hi,

I think it would be really useful if Spacewalk could refer to external
repositories rather than have to maintain a copy of all RPMs itself. It
could retrieve repository headers in the same way yum does, and when you
select to install a package on a subscribed system, the system could be
given the external repository URL to download from. A further
enhancement to this would allow an internal web proxy url to be
specified to allow squid or such like to provide local caching for a
network. This would move Spacewalk more to managing systems and what
packages they have installed than managing the actual packages
themselves. It would also dramatically cut down the local storage
requirements.

For this, I'd be tempted to just use the config management system to install a file in yum.repos.d, and adjust kickstart files appropriately.

Which brings me to my feature request, actual config files in yum.repos.d :) I'll file a Trac item.

Ah, you're not using Trac. I'll file a bugzilla :)

--Michael