[Spacewalk-list] rhn-kickstart versioning?

A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 09:58:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,
	I'm trying to find a spec file (or binaries :) for rhn-kickstart* on
Fedora 9 (x86_64, ppc and ppc64).  I have thus-far found two different
versions of the spec file.  The first version is at
* https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/client/tools/rhn-kickstart
which I consider to be the canonical version, however I can't find the
source rhn-kickstart-0.2.1.tar.gz anywhere on the interweb.  The second
version is at
* http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/source/rhn-kickstart-5.2.0-5.src.rpm
which includes the source archive rhn-kickstart-5.2.0.tar.gz

I'm assuming that the newer 0.2.1 version is just a renaming of 5.2.0 in
order to follow spacewalk releases?  If so, can I simply rename the
5.2.0 source archive with the correct version number?

It's slightly confusing as the ChangeLog entries appear to refer to the
version of the .spec file and not the version of the rpm produced by the
spec file.  For example Brandon Perkins 2.0.10-15 release of the spec
file is for release 5.2.0-5 of the rpm (though in this case the version
of the rpm is further divorced from the spec file as it's pulled in from
an external source).  Also Pradeep Kilambi's subsequent change of the
spec file is given version number 0.2.1-1, which does correspond to the
version of the generated .rpm.

--
Aidan Delaney
(balor on IRC)