[Spacewalk-list] Missing dependency: package python(abi) = 2.5 is required by package rhnlib

Adrián Márques amarques at geocom.com.uy
Wed Nov 5 14:01:52 UTC 2008

Thought  I had this for a second only to have my hopes crushed :'(.

Looking around I found out that RHEL 5 is based off FC 6, and found this
very helpful blog entry:

http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2006/12/22/how-to-build-safe-clean-python-25-rpms-for-fedora-core-6/

Following the instructions presented there (with minor alterations) I
managed to build those pesky python 2.5 RPMs, but alas, when I try
installing them it seems a multitude of packages depend on
python(abi)=2.4, which thwarted my attempts of applying this fix.

I'm kind of out of ideas for this one... any takers?

Regards.

Adrián.