[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading issues from 02 to 03

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Sat Nov 8 09:25:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:25:43PM -0500, Romain Pelissier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have tried upgrading from 02 to 03 and have to issues:
>
> after I have used
>
> yum upgrade spacewalk

You should really have done yum upgrade as noted on

	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

not just yum upgrade spacewalk.

> - # /usr/bin/spacewalk-schema-upgrade
>
> give me
>
> Schema upgrade: [spacewalk-schema-0.2.5-1.el5.sw] ->
> [spacewalk-schema-0.2.5-1.el5.sw]
>
> Your database schema already matches the schema package version
> [spacewalk-schema-0.2.5-1].

The schema package in Spacewalk 0.3 is

	spacewalk-schema-0.3.6-1.el5.sw.noarch.rpm

So currently part of your installation is 0.2 and part is 0.3.

> - # for service in jabberd osa-dispatcher taskomatic tomcat5 satellite-httpd
> Monitoring MonitoringScout rhn-search; do
>
>     if [ -e "/etc/init.d/$service" ]; then
>
>         /sbin/chkconfig --level 345 $service on
>
>     fi
>
> gives me:
>
> service taskomatic does not support chkconfig
>
> service satellite-httpd does not support chkconfig
>
> service rhn-search does not support chkconfig

Yep, another indication that you haven't upgraded to 0.3.

> Seems that the schema upgrade does not work (I can see in the web interface
> that the version is still 0.2)
>
> Any ideas?

	# yum upgrade

--