[Spacewalk-list] "bad HTTP response code" when kickstartingCentOS 5.2

Willem Bos whbos at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 20 19:00:23 UTC 2008

Adrián,

Kickstarting CentOS worked fine. I did not add any rhn* tools to the base
channel so at the end of the installation two commands that are in ks.cfg
fail: rhnreg_ks and rhn_check. After installing the rpm's manually (as
documented in https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients) I
was able to register the CentOS with Spacewalk.

Regards,
Willem.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Willem Bos <whbos at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Adrián,
>
> Thanks. I did check the entitlements when I created the activation key but
> then I changed the value of the 'key'-field to something I could
> remember/recognize. The logging however did not reflect this change. So -
> just now - I deleted the key, created a new one and associated it with the
> kickstart profile. Requesting the kickstart file from my browser works
> (jay!) I'll try kickstarting a VM in a moment...
>
> Willem.
>

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Adrián Márques <amarques at geocom.com.uy>wrote:
>
>> Hopefully this could save you some time:
>>
>> Go and edit your activation key, (from heart) there should be 4 checkboxes
>> were you mark if the system associated with that key have the entitlements
>> provisioning, monitoring, virtualization or virtualization platform. Make
>> sure 'provisioning' is checked. That should take care of your
>> PermissionException.
>>
>> I still haven't had the time to get kickstarting working myself, so I
>> could be dead wrong here, but in order to kickstart systems you'll need the
>> rhn-kickstart package, which (for RHN) seems to be located in the Tools
>> channel. I think you should also need rhnlib, and that you can get them both
>> at the location where all spacewalk client packages are hosted. I don't know
>> if these packages should be placed in a particular channel or just pushed
>> into the base one associated with your kickstart profile.
>>
>> Please let me now if you fixed your problem and how, since I'm also
>> interested in setting up CentOS kickstarting.
>>
>> I hope this helps somewhat.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Adrián.
>>

>> Willem Bos escribió:
>>
>>> Hi James,
>>>
>>> I just checked /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out and it contains errors :
>>>
>>> 2008-11-18 15:36:03,700 [TP-Processor6] ERROR
>>> com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.KickstartScheduleCommand - Tools channel
>>> not found!  This means we can't find the rhn-kickstart package.
>>>
>>> 2008-11-18 15:36:03,707 [TP-Processor6] ERROR
>>> com.redhat.rhn.common.errors.PermissionExceptionHandler - Permission Error