[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting CentOS and partitioning problem

Adrián Márques amarques at geocom.com.uy
Thu Nov 20 23:59:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I finally got some time to try kickstarting again and this time I got
further along the process. Now I got schedulle a kickstart of an already
registered CentOS 5.2 system, which started just fine and looked quite
promising until I got the following error during the installation:

<quote>
An error occurred trying to format myvg/rootvol.
This problem is serious, and the install cannot continue.
Press <Enter> to reboot your system.
</quote>

I didn't modify the partitions set by spacewalk for the client, which are:

<quote>
partition /boot --fstype=ext3 --size=200
partition pv.01 --size=1000 --grow
partition swap --size=1000   --maxsize=2000

volgroup myvg pv.01

logvol / --vgname=myvg --name=rootvol --size=1000 --grow
</quote>

I'll go read up on kickstart partitioning as soon as I can, I don't
fully understand what all this means, much less fathom what the error's
cause could be, but currently I can devote precious little time to
trying out spacewalk, so I'd be really grateful if any of you could
point me to the cause of the error or at least guide me in its general
direction.

Thank you all for your attention.

Regards.

Adrián.