[Spacewalk-list] Help with Fedora 9 kickstart

James Fillman jfillman at central1.com
Thu Nov 27 19:38:19 UTC 2008

Ok, I've imported all 14,000 fedora packages, I've created a kickstart tree based on the Fedora DVD, I've got a kickstart profile and an activation key set up. When I go to install a new system with the kickstart file, once it reaches the 'reposetup' step, it fails with the following error:

Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated.

Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository Workstation. Please verify its path and try again.

The relevant info in the anaconda.log file is:

10:58:35 INFO    : set SELinux context for newly mounted filesystem root at /proc to False

10:58:35 INFO    : moving (1) to step bootloadersetup

10:58:35 INFO    : moving (1) to step reposetup

10:58:35 INFO    : added repository Additional Fedora Software with URL http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=9&arch=x86_64

10:58:35 INFO    : added repository Cluster with URL ['http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/Cluster']

10:58:35 INFO    : added repository ClusterStorage with URL ['http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/ClusterStorage']

10:58:35 INFO    : added repository VT with URL ['http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/VT']

10:58:35 INFO    : added repository Workstation with URL ['http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/Workstation']

10:58:35 INFO    : Using /tmp/stage2.img as stage2 image

If I look at my kickstart file, I can see that spacewalk has added these repos to the beginning of the file:

# Kickstart config file generated by Spacewalk Config Management

#

# Profile Name  : fedora-9-x86_64-base

# Profile Label : fedora-9-x86_64-base

# Date Created  : 2008-11-19 16:30:13.0

#

install

text

network --bootproto dhcp

url --url http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/ty/7RptiR5R

lang en_US

keyboard us

zerombr yes

clearpart --all

part /boot --fstype=ext3 --size=200

part pv.01 --size=1000 --grow

part swap --size=1000   --maxsize=2000

volgroup vg0 pv.01

logvol / --vgname=vg0 --name=lv0 --size=1000 --grow

bootloader --location mbr

timezone America/New_York

auth --enablemd5 --enableshadow

rootpw --iscrypted $1$.uyleyBt$Q9FxfU6HZd28pf5i.juQQ0

selinux --disabled

reboot

firewall --disabled

skipx

repo --name=Cluster --baseurl=http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/Cluster

repo --name=ClusterStorage --baseurl=http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/ClusterStorage

repo --name=VT --baseurl=http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/VT

repo --name=Workstation --baseurl=http://spacewalk.cucbc.com/kickstart/dist/ks-fedora-9-x86_64/Workstation

key --skip

%packages

@ Base

It's probably worth mentioning that I've created my base Fedora 9 channel by pushing all 14,000 packages that I repsync'd from here:

baseurl=ftp://mirror.colorado.edu/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/x86_64/os. But I built the kickstart tree from the fedora dvd iso.

Does anyone have any idea's where these repo options in the kickstart profile are coming from and how do correct this error?

Cheers,

--james