[Spacewalk-list] Help with Fedora 9 kickstart

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 13:47:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk wrote:

> I've documented everything I currently know about managing F9 systems with spacewalk here
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ManagingFedoraSystems
> There are some things that simply don't work.  The most important, from
> my POV, is that packages associated with an activation key don't install
> when the system registers (I *think* they'd have to be in your KS tree,
> not your repos).  Furthermore, it's not currently possible to define a
> Stored Profile of packages and configuration and apply it to all your
> clients.  So, from my limited experience, it's possible to use Spacewalk
> to provision F9 systems and push down packages to install on individual
> machines.  I think we have to wait until 0.4 to get Stored Profiles to
> work.

I've got packages to install just fine associated with the activation key.
The thing I found is that after a typical install you've got a yum config
that's still trying to use all the normal repos.  Typically I reckon you'll
want those disabled.  You can fix that with a pre-script, and then things get
installed from spacewalk just nicely, which saves me from endlessly rejigging
the kickstart image.

jh

--
"Women need a reason to have sex.  Men just need a place."
                                                      -- Billy Crystal