[Spacewalk-list] And after install....

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Sun Oct 5 18:06:42 UTC 2008

Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
> Just for my own confirmation, does that mean that the command
> satellite-sync is for all intents and purposes useless in spacewalk?
>
> Regards

For spacewalk, you should be able to satellite sync content from an
exporter mount point. So say you have a channel created and push a bunch
of content to it.Not instead of repeating the same steps on other
servers, you could export the existing channel from the spacewalk server
suing rhn-satellite-exporter,

$ rhn-satellite-exporter --dir /my-channel -c test-channel

and sync this back to another spacewalk server,

$ satellite-sync -c test-channel -m /my-channel

So the only difference is satellite sync is not talking directly to RHN,
instead used locally.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
~ Prad