[Spacewalk-list] Tomcat Errors

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 00:17:43 UTC 2008

Demetri Mouratis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to get spacewalk installed but now I see these errors
> when ever I try to connect.
>
> Oct 10, 2008 11:55:54 PM
> com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask run
> WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask at 1b1deea
> -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While
> trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more
> than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
> Oct 10, 2008 11:56:10 PM
> com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask run
> WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask at 347448
> -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While
> trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more
> than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
>
> Any tips for how to correct them.

that means tomcat can't connect to Oracle.  Try shutting down Spacewalk:

# service rhn-satellite stop

# service oracle-xe stop && sleep 2 && service oracle-xe start

# service rhn-satellite start

I've seen Oracle's listener fail to allow connections after doing a
'service oracle-xe restart' and had to stop then start it.  It could
have just been the restart that fixed it but it didn't seem reproducible.

If the above doesn't work, you should make sure you can connect to
Oracle with sqlplus:

# sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe

should work.  If that doesn't work your Oracle didn't get installed
correctly.  Make sure the hostname found in :

/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/network/admin/listener.ora

  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = spacewalk.example.com)(PORT = 1521))

is resolvable in either DNS or /etc/hosts

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com