[Spacewalk-list] Channel Sync'in

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:54:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Erik van Oudheusden <erik at hohenfels.com> wrote:
> Are there any good instructions on how to sync channels for Centos 5? I have
> everything (I think) up and running. I can get to the web server, create
> channels....but I cant get my channels populated. I am used to
> satellite-sync.....please help.....

Yeah, satellite-sync won't help too much for CentOS.  What you have to
do is either rsync the CentOS repos, or use reposync or something to
get all of the content, then you can use rhnpush to populate your
channels with that content.

Not the easiest thing in the world, I know. It's on the roadmap to be
able to sync between spacewalks (so if CentOS wanted to, they could
maintain a Spacewalk server and make it available for you to sync to
or something).