[Spacewalk-list] question about monitoring

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:43:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Michiel Van Es <michiele at mobiel.info.nl> wrote:

> Is already possible to install the SatConfig-general package?
> I still got the dependency errors..also after installing the perl
> packages through CPAN..

Installing the perl packages via CPAN has no effect on what the RPM
database believes is installed - therefore, you'll still have problems
installing an rpm that requires them.

A quick fix if you're familiar with RPM packaging is adding an ugly
little hackish package that simply Provides those modules:

Provides: perl(Foo::Bar), perl(Bar::Baz)

etc. I've used this to satisfy deps actually provided by the broken
oracle-instantclient RPM in the recent past (for something
non-Spacewalk related).