[Spacewalk-list] Problems with 32 and 64bit CentOS

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 16:47:50 UTC 2008

So I tried to install 0.2 to see if NEVRA was sorted.  My hope was that this
would mean I could push 32/64bit versions of Fedora 9 and CentOS 5 into the
same spacewalk with no funny tricks necessary.

I created channels for 64bit and 32bit CentOS.

I pushed the 64bit content first (which all went on fine).

I then pushed the 32bit content, and it refuses to push any package that
matches with 64bit, e.g.

Package checksum /usr/not-backed-up/spacewalk/yum-mirrors/32bit/updates/RPMS/xen-libs-3.0.3-64.el5_2.1.i386.rpm
mismatch -- Skipping Upload (use --force to force upload)

I thought initially it was because I'd got the wrong rhnpush installed (since
it's lower versioned than the SW 0.1 rhnpush so it didn't automatically get
upgraded), but even with the right rhnpush and a clean spacewalk I'm getting
the same problem.

Using --force proved entertaining, but not quite right.  The package is pushed
and appears in the filesystem.  In the web interface it's very odd.  Both 32
and 64 bit channels show the md5sum from the 64bit package, but if you look
for the packages you get the other package listed too, but not against a
channel.

Should I be expecting this to work or not?

jh

--
"Le sens commun n'est pas si commun."                -- Voltaire