[Spacewalk-list] Manual db schema upgrade 0.4 to 0.5

Bob Huisman Bob.Huisman at filterworks.com
Thu Apr 2 12:02:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've just manually upgraded the spacewalk database schema from version
0.4 to 0.5 and received some error messages while running the sql files:

- 100-errata-cache.sql
- 152-rhnSsmOperation.sql
- 182-rhnServerneededCache_indexes.sql

The updates were run in the correct order and after restarting spacewalk
it seems that I can still use the errata, system set and needed package
functionality in the gui (I've only tested this for a few minutes).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob Huisman

The errors received are:

When running 100-errata-cache.sql:

        tablespace [[128m_tbs]]
                   *
ERROR at line 4:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

        tablespace [[128m_tbs]]
                   *
ERROR at line 4:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

        tablespace [[128m_tbs]]
                   *
ERROR at line 4:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

        tablespace [[128m_tbs]]

When running 152-rhnSsmOperation.sql:

                    using index tablespace [[4m_tbs]],
                                           *
ERROR at line 7:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

Sequence created.

before insert or update on rhnSsmOperation
                           *
ERROR at line 3:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

No errors.
                       references rhnSsmOperation(id)
                                  *
ERROR at line 6:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

                   *
ERROR at line 4:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

When running 182-rhnServerneededCache_indexes.sql:

alter index rhn_snc_pid_idx noparallel
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

alter index rhn_snc_sid_idx noparallel
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

alter index rhn_snc_eid_idx noparallel
*