[Spacewalk-list] error running spacewalk-setup --disconnected .5 on F10

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 22:58:03 UTC 2009

Bryan Schneiders wrote:
> No change here with the new RPMs.  Here's all of my output and the sql
> tests again.  Should there be something in the web_customer table?
>
> # /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup --disconnected
> * Setting up Oracle environment.
> * Setting up database.
> ** Database: Setting up database connection.
> DB User? spacewalk
> DB Password? DB SID? xe
> DB hostname? localhost
> DB port [1521]? DB protocol [TCP]? ** Database: Testing database
> connection.
> ** Database: Populating database.
> The Database has schema.  Would you like to clear the database [Y]? y
> ** Database: Clearing database.
> ** Database: Shutting down services that may be using DB: [tomcat5,
> taskomatic, httpd, jabberd, osa-dispatcher, tsdb_local_queue].
> ** Database: Services stopped.  Clearing DB.
> ** Database: Re-populating database.
> *** Progress:
> * Setting up users and groups.
> ** GPG: Initializing GPG and importing key.
> * Performing initial configuration.
> * Activating Spacewalk.
> ** Verifying certificate locally.
> ** Activating Spacewalk.
> There was a problem activating the satellite: Local activation failure.
>
> # /usr/bin/rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected
> NOTE: using backup cert as default:
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml
>
> ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate: Exception
> reported from swserver

That's the problem right there, you are not providing a valid
certificate for it to activate the satellite.
Thought we shipped a default certificate with sw-server, wonder if its
not finding that. If you look
at my install in previous response, a valid cert successfully activated
my sw-server.

~ Prad

Pradeep Kilambi
RHN Satellite Engineering