[Spacewalk-list] Force install, still looking for any answers

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Apr 7 17:05:54 UTC 2009

Asking again, since I got no responses:

I created a new CentOS 5.3 repository Friday. Today, I unsubscribed my test system to 5.2, and subscribed it to 5.3 and its child channels. I tried to upgrade. First it failed, asserting that it couldn't find the repomod.xml for the new channel. So I renamed /etc/yum.repos.d/Centos-Base.repo. Failed again. Finally, I restarted osad on the client, and everything on the server. What I got was that it had failed, because of rpm conflicts.

Does someone have a link to how I can tell Spacewalk to do a force install?

Or, the bigger picture: is there a document describing how to do a full subrelease upgrade, rather than minor fixes? Is what I did correct, unsubscribing from 5.2, and subscribing the system to 5.3, the right way?

        mark