[Spacewalk-list] yum not updating needed packages, which are shown on spacewalk

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:53:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM, mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
[snip]

Mark,

> This is uncomfortable. I don't understand why this occurs in a released version
> of software. I would have expected testing for something like a full subrelease
> upgrade.

You really need to stop complaining, because the folks on this mailing list have
done nothing but be gracious and help you with your problems.

Spacewalk is a released project, but it goes through minimal QA.  In fact,
we rely on the community as much as we can to help QA the project.
Out of curiosity, how many bugs have you filed against Spacewalk? I
couldn't find
any from 'mark' or 'm.roth'.

If Spacewalk is not of high enough quality for you, feel free to buy
Red Hat Network
Satellite which comes with support and gets thoroughly tested.

jesus