[Spacewalk-list] Cannot create kickstart distro under Spacewalk 0.5

Worsham, Michael michael.worsham at morris.com
Fri Apr 17 14:17:50 UTC 2009

Hi...

I am trying to create a Kickstart Distribution as per the instructions
under https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler
using CentOS as a base distro.

I was successfully able to create a channel called CentOS-5-Tools w/ the
pyOpenSSL,rhnlib, libxml2-python & spacewalk-koan* RPMs packages
assigned to it.

However, when I go to "Systems|Kickstart|Distributions" and select
"create new distribution", I can fill out everything without any
problems but when I try to click the 'Create Kickstart Distribution', I
am receiving this error...

"The server experienced a problem which prevented your request from
being filled out. It may not be possible to execute this action at this
time."

Where is the log file found on the server so I can see where Spacewalk
is actually having the problem at?

Spacewalk version: 0.5

-- Michael

---
Michael Worsham
Sr. System Engineer
Morris Technology Services, IHS/NOC Division
E: michael.worsham at morris.com