[Spacewalk-list] Trying to upgrade Spacewalk from 0.4 to 0.5

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Apr 23 20:43:25 UTC 2009

Well, I'm having the same issues that Josh had, with the yaml error in the setup. I've edited the file he suggests, cobbler-setup, and get the same error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cobbler-setup", line 2, in ?
    from cobbler.yaml import loadFile
ImportError: No module named yaml

Now, I did a yum upgrade spacewalk, *not* the yum upgrade - I don't want to do my whole system.

I'm running the i386 version of CentOS 5.2. I've tried doing a yum upgrade python2, seeing that Josh's was a bit above mine, but don't see that version for me.

Any suggestions as to why it can't find the module?

What I have installed:
rpm -qa | grep -i yaml
libyaml-0.1.2-3.el5
PyYAML-3.08-4.el5