[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk install and OpenVZ

Ade adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 09:15:26 UTC 2009

Hi

Now Spacewalk 0.6 is out I went to install it in an OpenVZ
environment. I dont seem to be able to get Oracle installed due to not
being able to change some kernel params (see below)

error: "Operation not permitted" setting key "kernel.sysrq"
error: "Operation not permitted" setting key "kernel.core_uses_pid"
error: "Operation not permitted" setting key "net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies"
error: %pre(oracle-xe-univ-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

While I realise this is an Oracle issue rather than a Spacewalk issue,
does anyone else have Spacewalk working inside of OpenVZ?

AB