[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Monitoring Strangeness

Jeff Moody jeff.moody at evscorporation.com
Tue Aug 11 15:31:07 UTC 2009

My apologies if this is a simple issue where I am merely missing a critical line in documentation...however, I am pretty new to the Spacewalk/Satellite platforms.

My main focus of setting up Spacewalk is getting the Spacewalk monitoring working to monitor some deeper statistics on our servers than our current monitoring solution supports.

That being said, I have a VMWare VM running CentOS 5.3 x86 and Spacewalk 0.6.

I have installed the RHNMD on a handful of servers (including the spacewalk server itself) and the RHNMD service daemon is running.
Monitoring Scout Config (https://localhost/network/monitoring/scout/index.pxt) reports that it is fully updated after scheduling a push.

Despite this, all of the "linux" command group probes are reporting the following error:
Status:	UNKNOWN, The RHN Monitoring Daemon (RHNMD) is not responding: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive). Please make sure the daemon is running and the host is accessible from the monitoring scout. Command was: /usr/bin/ssh -l nocpulse -p 4545 -i /var/lib/nocpulse/.ssh/nocpulse-identity -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o BatchMode=yes 127.0.0.1 /bin/sh -s

Is there some magical missing step to getting the nocpulse user trusted (even on the local host) so that these probes work?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

----

Jeff Moody
Senior Systems Engineer