[Spacewalk-list] Java NullPointerExceptions after 0.6 update?

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 23:12:05 UTC 2009

Jason Frisvold wrote:
> Since updating to the latest packages (0.6), including the latest java
> release from spacewalk, I'm getting a lot of these :
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.errata.ErrataCacheDriver.getCandidates(ErrataCacheDriver.java:59)
>
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.threaded.TaskQueue.run(TaskQueue.java:106)
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.ErrataCacheTask.execute(ErrataCacheTask.java:57)
>
>     at
> com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.SingleThreadedTestableTask.execute(SingleThreadedTestableTask.java:54)
>
>     at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
>     at
> org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
>

> Is this cosmetic, or is something broke?
>
> Thanks,

A couple people have seen these and I just had them run:

# sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk at xe
sql> delete from rhnTaskQueue;
sql> commit;
sql> quit;

That seems to fix it and I haven't heard complaints about it coming back.

-Justin

--
Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603