[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart config file generated by Spacewalk Config Management

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 27 22:10:26 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 03:57 PM, Randy Rubins wrote:
> What process on the Spacewalk server generates the kickstart profile
> .cfg file in /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/wizard directory?
> Is there a way to update the template(s) used by this process, like
> one would normally be able to do via standard cobbler interface/templates?

Currently no.

IIRC the code used by the wizard software are not Cobbler templates, so
the wizard isn't as simple as a Cheetah template that has all the
answers as --ks-meta variables and such.

I think it would be very slick if they were, but that may also mean all
the %posts and things that people fill in would need to be made into
snippets.   (Something like per_profile and per_system snippets exist in
Cobbler and could, in theory, be used for this).   --ks-meta isn't
really meant for storing multiline data (it would make it hard to edit)

I'm just speculating though, there may be other factors involved.

--Michael