[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk or satellite

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Wed Dec 2 10:48:14 UTC 2009

So i need to decide on which is 'best' for us -

I have installed spacewalk and had it reporting in terms of machines
being out of date for updates etc but the task of reacting to errata
seems clumsy to me.

What i need to know is is it possible to simply have the spacewalk
server receive all updates from rhn and apply them to a channel and have
all machines subscribed to that channel report that they are out of date
and simply apply those updates when i ask ?

I am pretty sure i can do this with satellite but i presume its also
possible with spacewalk although scheduling jobs such as reboots etc
seems to not work for me.

Any advice

thanks