[Spacewalk-list] cobbler buildiso questions

Robert Kuropkat rkuropkat at t-sciences.com
Wed Dec 9 02:49:11 UTC 2009

okay, I may be jumping ahead here, but I created a channel and child
channel in spacewalk.  I was then able to boot from DVD and point it at
the kickstart file in spacewalk.  I thought this meant I had enough done
to create a bootable iso.  Cobbler has a buildiso option that I ran and
it produced something.  But it was on 7M and had no rpms.  If I do a
cobbler profile list I get the following:

[root at spacewalk isolinux]# cobbler profile list
base_rhel_52_x86_32:1:Spacewalk-Public-Cert
[root at spacewalk isolinux]#

But when I do cobbler buildiso I get only the following in the iso:

[root at spacewalk kickstart]# ls -lCR
.:
images  isolinux  TRANS.TBL

./images:

./isolinux:
1.img  boot.cat   isolinux.bin  menu.c32
1.krn  chain.c32  isolinux.cfg  TRANS.TBL
[root at spacewalk kickstart]#

I do eventually want to do a PXE boot setup also, but I was stalling on
that while I figure out DHCP/DNS in the VirtualBox world.

Robert Kuropkat

P.S.  I have not installed Spacewalk 0.7 yet, still with 0.6