[Spacewalk-list] CentOS Updates Requiring a Red Hat GPG Key?

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Dec 10 18:22:29 UTC 2009

I've got a setup wherein I have two RHEL 5 channels (i386 and x86_64) as well as two CentOS 5 channels (also i386 and x86_64).  After updating the channels with the latest rpm's from the respective channels, I am getting an error on the CentOS servers I am updating looking for what appears to be the Red Hat GPG key.  What gives?  I've verified that I didn't accidentally push packages from RHN into the CentOS channels.  It seems to do this for just about every rpm it tries to update.  Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?  My first thought was that the rpm's have the same names so spacewalk didn't differentiate between the RHEL and CentOS packages, but I'd like to give spacewalk a little more credit than to simply check file names.  Anyone have any ideas?

Spacewalk 0.6 running on CentOS 5.3 server, client I am testing with is a CentOS 5.3 server that I am trying to update to 5.4 plus most recent updates as of yesterday.

Thanks!

Greg