[Spacewalk-list] bootproto=query

Gerd Mueller gerd.mueller at mikatiming.de
Tue Dec 15 11:21:31 UTC 2009

me again!

In my network I want to use fixed Ips to install (no dhcp Server). That
is why I have create my own kickstart netinstall cd. To install the
machine I now just use "ks". I added kickstartfile url to the append
parameter inside the isolinux.cfg. Everything works fine for me. I am
ask for IP,Network, ... and than the install process fetches the
kickstart file from my spacewalk server.

So far so good.

But how to I have to set the network parameter inside the kickstart
file. Right now I set it to "bootproto=query" which causes the install
process to ask a second time for the ipadress, netmask, ...  Anything
else "destroys" the network configuration.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Gerd

--