[Spacewalk-list] Exclude package upgrades in Spacewalk

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Thu Feb 5 11:06:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a server group where I can't upgrade/modify some RPM packages.

To prevent this Yum was configured with "exclude" option:

exclude=analog cpio coreutils dpkg openvpn rsync tar kernel

Now in Spacewalk we're using pkgSkipList:

# grep -i skip /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
pkgSkipList=analog;cpio;coreutils;dpkg;openvpn;rsync;tar;kernel*;

It works OK, packages can't be upgraded; but they still appear as
upgrade-ables in Spacewalk, screenshot available at:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/430/spacewalkskipcv1.png

Is there anyway to prevent appearing those packages in Spacewalk? It
will be very useful because of I use a lot of "Systems -> Out of date"
to find servers that need upgrades, and those server group always
appears.. but they don't need upgrades :-/

How do you chance with this? thanks!

Santi Saez
http://woop.es