[Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Feb 5 22:28:31 UTC 2009

>Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:13:10 -0500
>From: Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info
>To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
>m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>> Mairin,
>>> Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:00:47 -0500 From: Máirín Duffy
<snip>
>can you do rpm -qa on each and diff it?

There are a lot of differences - I'd guess they did a full yum update on the template between when they made the test machine, and what was used on the new system.

That being said, I have to admit to feeling as though the spacewalk Spacewalk team, in offering a package for CentOS 5.2, and *not* noting things that were needed for different versions of that, and yum not automagically determining the dependencies - I remember the full d/l for spacewalk was something like 267 packages - leaves me at the point of wondering if I need to build from source, and not trusting a binary release.

      mark