[Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Feb 6 21:10:19 UTC 2009

Mike,

>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:36:39 -0800
>From: Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com>

<snip>
>We actually reproduced your pxt error and discovered a few steps you
>should take to try and resolve the issue.
>
>Can you verify that you have:
>
>* oracle-lib-compat installed
>* verify that /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle-lib-compat.conf file exists
>* if it does NOT exist please reinstall oracle-lib-compat

*Damn*, I was hoping this was the answer - I'm *sure* it's something we're not seeing, but no such luck: it's installed,10.2.16.e15, and the conf file contains
 /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client/lib
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/lib

and the directories are world-readable and executable, and the files within are world-readable.

Thank you *very* much for finding this, anyway. It may help others.

    mark