[Spacewalk-list] reposync and rhnpush]

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 17:07:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> No, I haven't resposync'd yet, I'm trying to understand what I'm going to
> do, an d what's going to happen, and I do *not* want to blow out a
> filesystem while doing it <g>.
>
> the /var/www/html/pub came up in
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk>, where it has
> you make directories "as placeholders". Is this wrong? It suggests
> reposync'ing the repositories to there, then rhnpushing.

The deal is:

reposync dumps some packages in some directory.  Where doesn't massively
matter, it doesn't even matter if it's on the same machine.

rhnpush transfers these packages to the spacewalk server, where they are
secreted in /var/satellite/redhat in a structure that is not the same as
reposync will create.

You need to do both of those things, and details can vary.

jh

--
"The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet
  been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine