[Spacewalk-list] rhnpush problems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Feb 12 00:02:34 UTC 2009

The more I try, the more confused I get.

I re
>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:07:00 -0500 (EST)
>From: <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>

>I'm confused.
>
>I do the rhnpush... and see the rpms under updates, and see the extras under extra... but in both cases, the column that says "channel" says "(None)".
>
>So, what is that column supposed to indicate?

Let's add to that:
I just looked under /var/satellite/centos... and there is nothing there. However, in spacewalk, if I go to, say, extras, and pick a package, then go to d/l it from that screen, it's there. It's as though it did *not* copy the rpm from the directory under /var/www/html/pub/centos/..., but is looking at it right there. Unless, weird thought, it was imported directly into Oracle as a blob.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned, the entire base was imported into "no channel". When I select manage software packages, and chose the base, and hit view packages, I get "no packages", so it really is in no channel. I just tried again to load it into the base channel, and get that it's skipping, that it already exists on the server. Ok, it finished, and it moved them from no channel to base....

     mark