[Spacewalk-list] Channels

Leander Coetzee leander.coetzee at rmb.co.za
Thu Feb 12 11:58:21 UTC 2009

Thank you! I came right with rhnpush.

Regards
Leander Coetzee
T 0112828633
C 0794908729

Santi Saez <santisaez at woop.es>
Sent by: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
12/02/2009 13:55
Please respond to
spacewalk-list at redhat.com

cc

Subject
Re: [Spacewalk-list] Channels

El 12/2/09 07:27, Leander Coetzee escribió:

> I am sure this is quite a broad question.
> I have spacewalk setup as per wiki
> URL:http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk
> I am able to add machines to the spacewalk ui using rhn_register ui.
> My problem comes in with the software channels defined in the above wiki
> url.
> I am not getting an error as such but have a 0 packages listed under my
> CentOS 5 Base - i386
> channel name.

Hi Leander,

Check that:

- Channel name is "centos5-base-i386", and no other string.

- /var/satellite exits and has apache.apache as user/group:

drwxr-xr-x  3 apache apache 4096 ene 16 12:44 satellite

- Run manually "rhnpush" command and check errors, I think that will
output some error if it can upload packages..

Santi Saez
http://woop.es

This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at
http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html