[Spacewalk-list] Client setup

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Mon Feb 16 22:59:50 UTC 2009

Wonderful. So I went googling for the error, and found someone who, early last October, had the same problem, and said it worked with rhn_register. So I tried that, and it said it failed, and the log on the spacewalk server said "connection to Oracle lost".

Then I went into spacewalk, and see *two* registrations of the system. So it looks like it *thinks* it failed, in both cases, but did register. And spacewalk doesn't look for dups....

In Spacewalk, under system, I see that the kernel's unknown, as is the location, but everything else seems ok.

*sigh*

Now I need to dig deeper, since it says everything's up to date, and as I know that the template that the test client was built from was created back in October, I think, I'm wondering about updates.

Oh, and the command I replaced both perl commands with was:
sed -i.orig -e 's/xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/<mycompany>.com/' -e 's/RHNS-CA-CERT/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/' /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

Not sure why the scripts I've seen have -npe for perl, since according to my O'Reilly desk reference for perl, both assume an input loop around your script, but -n says don't print, and -p says do print, which seems contradictory.

Anywhoo, thanks to all, and feel free to let me know if I should worry about the "partial" registration. In the meantime, I need to delete one of those, and then try pushing something.

     mark