[Spacewalk-list] register systems

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 17 17:04:24 UTC 2009

Mike,

>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:54:45 -0800
>From: Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com>
>m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
<snip>
>> Dunno. I, personally, would never have released it that way - I'd have dynamically not shown anything that was not applicable to the version.
>
>patches happily accepted :)

Right. In my copious spare time (when I'm not looking for my next job, this contract ending soon), I'm trying to work on a F/OSS package for log auditing for non-technical forensics (as in, lawyers).

>> However, I'm still stuck where I was, which is that I have a registered system, but no way to subscribe it to a channel. I have two channels, with children, but when I got to systems->click on my system->change subscriptions, and it says it will give me a list of channels, the list contains exactly one entry: (none, disable service).
>>
>> What do I have to do to get the system subscribed, and why is this list not filled in?
>
>Ok, what arch is the system you have registered and what is the arch of
>the channel you want to subscribe it too. The above situation often
>occurs if your channel is i386 and your system is an x86_64 based system
>or the other way around.

It shows, for the client, unknown kernel, but the description - x86-64 - is correct. As I said, it's not subscribed to *any* channel right now.

     mark