[Spacewalk-list] register systems

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 22:18:20 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> So, unless someone yells at me that there's a good reason
> not to, that doing so will break something else, I'm
> going to recursively copy the whole directory to
> /var/www/html. Last time, I tried symbolic links, and
> tomcat still complained.

Why would you do that?

I can see no future but "FAIL" in that kind of approach to
application issues. If you find yourself copying bits around
and making symbolic links to work around issues, you're
clearly in the land of FAIL and it's probably better to
leave it alone and try to find the root cause rather than
mucking with the symptoms and potentially making the problem
(1) worse (2) making the original cause of the problem
impossible to trace back to.

~m