[Spacewalk-list] Problem activating spacewalk

Wood, Brendan Brendan.Wood at Mercy.Net
Wed Feb 18 14:55:15 UTC 2009

Hey all,

Not sure why I am so much difficulty activating spacewalk, but here is
what I see in the install log:

# These two directives allow tomcat and apache to invoke CONFIG_RHN

ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate:
Exception reported from spacewalk.smrcy.com
Time: Wed Feb 18 08:52:53 2009
Exception type <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Exception Handler Information
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/rhn_satellite_activate.py", line
203, in activateSatellite_local
    satCerts.storeRhnCert(cert, check_generation=1,
check_version=not(options.ignore_version_mismatch))
  File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 294, in
storeRhnCert
    set_slots_from_cert(sc)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 125, in
set_slots_from_cert
    monSupportedYN = not not getInstalledHeader("NPalert")
  File "/usr/share/rhn/common/rhn_rpm.py", line 157, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self.hdr, name)
KeyError: 'unknown header tag'

This is on a FC10 machine... what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

-Brendan
This e-mail contains information which (a) may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR
OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the addressee, or the
person responsible for delivering this to the addressee(s), you are notified
that reading, copying or distributing this e-mail is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately.