[Spacewalk-list] Still having problems registering a client

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Sat Feb 28 17:27:56 UTC 2009

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, mark wrote:
>
>> Yes. And if I hadn't, one would think that *nothing* would go in, not
>> some, and not others.
>
> Yeah you're right one would obviously think that.
>
> The "additional Oracle configuration" doesn't even consider that you might
> get internal server errors when registering clients, or mention the idea of
> what to try if you get "DATABASE CONNECTION TO 'xe' LOST".

Look, I did the three additional things, and I think the fourth. I can also
easily go into sqlplus, and examine the tables, and find some data (though I
have not researched the schema, I have looked at some code, and used the SQL
that's about to be prepared, as shown in the logs).

Based on that, my guess is that there's something still missing in the
spacewalk setup, though I've gone over it all any number of times.

Got any ideas as to where I can look?

	mark