[Spacewalk-list] Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Nightly repos

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 08:01:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 05:10:30PM -0800, Mike McCune wrote:
> Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>> I updated (using data, which Dennis provided):
>>   http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate/
>> Now it contains 0.4-candidate packages. The build still have to be
>> initiated by developer.
>>

> when you say initiated by a developer, you mean we do need to:
>
> * build.py --tag-release
> * git push --tags

There has to be a

  git push

step here as well -- either before git push --tags or after it, that
doesn't matter that much. Otherwise, you push the tag but not the
head, and things will be broken for other people.

I generally also recommend doing

  git checkout master
  git pull
  git checkout your-branch
  git rebase master
  git checkout master
  git merge your-branch

before tagging, and

  gitk --all &

and careful review of what's happened after the tag, before push.

> * koji build dist-5E-sw-0.4-candidate some.src.rpm
>
> right?

Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat