[Spacewalk-list] question about local vs central config?

Zachery Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Mon Jan 12 18:00:01 UTC 2009

In short:  why are systems even getting locally managed overrides, when I've
never asked for that?

Details:   I created a channel, added 4 files to it, pushed them to all the
hosts.  Then as time goes by, I make changes to the individual files within
the config GUI and deploy to the systems.  Today I do my usual routine and
suddenly some systems are greyed out in the deploy screen.  Checking those
machines I see they have "local" overrides and when deploying the config I'm
informed those machine will be getting earlier versions of the config files.
What gives?

So now all my systems have "local overrides"  and don't get central config
files .  I see in the GUI
"Deployable Files are files in a configuration channel that are not
outranked by files in greater priority configuration channels nor overridden
by files in the systems local configuration channel.",  but what causes a
file to become "local" verses "central"?

Thanks

-zac