[Spacewalk-list] Re: Re: Probe notification

Anze Marincic amarincic at nil.si
Sun Jan 18 19:42:39 UTC 2009

Is there a plan when this feature will be implemented ?

Regards,

Anze Marincic

On Sunday 18 January 2009 14:19:37 Anze Marincic wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I did fresh install of Spacewalk 0.4 -> monitoring is working (thanks to
> all developers!) but I still have a problem with sending probe
> notification.
>
> I added notification method under my username, created probe suite,
added
> probe. Within probe configuration I selected Notification interval (1h)
> and Notification method, which is attached to my username.
>
> If the probe is critical I do not get notification on my email. All I
get
> is this email sent by "NOCpulse user <nocpulse at spacewalk.nil.si>"
> ALERTS queue size is 672 at Sun Jan 18 13:45:02 2009
>
> << Sent by /usr/bin/monitor-queue line 45 on host spacewalk.nil.si (sat
> 09b803c3f0f3, "RHN Monitoring Satellite").
>    1 of these messages were filtered since Sun Jan 18 12:30:02 2009 GMT
>>

> I configured sendmail as described in installation guide for RH
Satellite.

> rogerthat01 user can send email.
>
> [root at spacewalk ~]# telnet asterix 25
> Trying 193.xx.x.xx...
> Connected to asterix.nil.si (193.xx.x.xx).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 asterix.nil.si ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 8.0.2) ready at
> Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:08:53 +0100
>
> EHLO nil.si
> 250-asterix.nil.si Hello nil.si ([193.xx.x.xxx]), pleased to meet you
> 250-HELP
> 250-SIZE
> 250 PIPELINING
> MAIL FROM:rogerthat01 at nil.si
> 250 rogerthat01 at nil.si... Sender OK
> RCPT TO:my_email at nil.si
> 250 my_email at nil.si... Recipient OK
> DATA
> 354 Enter message, end with "." on a line by itself
> Subject:test message
>
> This is a test mail from rogerthat01.
> .
> 250 Message accepted for delivery
> QUIT
> 221 asterix.nil.si SMTP Service closing transmission channel
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> This is config of Spacewalk Configuration - Monitoring
> Local mail exchanger: asterix.nil.si
> Mail domain: nil.si
>

> Am I missing something or are there some problems with notification?

This is one of the monitoring things that wasn't fixed before Spacewalk
0.4
release and unfortunately you won't be able to receive notification emails
from your probes.

-Milan

End of Spacewalk-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 14