[Spacewalk-list] Correct way to manage channels/updates for CentOS 5

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Fri Jan 23 10:41:21 UTC 2009

El 22/1/09 18:01, John Hodrien escribió:

> You have a CentOS 5.2 base channel, and a child channel for CentOS 5.2
> Updates. The client can be a member of both of those channels, or in
> fact as
> many as you've got. I have about 5 child channels per base channel (all
> updates, internal rpms, livna rpms, approved updates).

John, OK thanks for the tip :)

My "base" and "updates" channels are both parent channels ;-(

Now, I have see the option to create a new channel with a parent
channel, is anyway to convert a parent channel into a child channel? or
I must delete and create a new one?

I want to convert "CentOS 5 Updates" channel into a child channel for
"CentOS 5 Base".

P.S: it will be great to add a note into the Wiki saying that rhnreg_ks,
rhn_check, etc.. scripts in CentOS 4 are in "up2date" package instead of
"rhn-setup" (thanks to "prad" IRC user for the help suported solving
this issue)..

Santi Saez
http://woop.es