[Spacewalk-list] XmlRpcException calling cobbler

Stewart L stewartl42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:05:37 UTC 2009

Thanks for the help!

# cobbler check
The following potential problems were detected:
#0: change 'disable' to 'no' in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
#1: since iptables may be running, ensure 69, 80, 25150, and 25151 are unblocked
#2: fencing tools were not found, and are required to use the
(optional) power management features. install cman to use them

Fixed #0.

The firewall was disabled through system-config-securitylevel, but I
did a '# service iptables stop; chkconfig iptables off'

Fixed #2.

# service cobblerd status
cobblerd (pid 3264 3254 3253) is running...

Did one cobbler sync for good measure  and a cobbler check.
# cobbler check
No setup problems found
Manual review and editing of /var/lib/cobbler/settings is recommended
to tailor cobbler to your particular configuration.
Good luck.

/var/lib/cobbler/settings does not exist in my setup...

BUT, I got my first system registered!  My spacewalk Server. :)

I STILL had the issue with the  RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT file.

Where does this file come from?  Do I have to copy it to every machine
I register?

Stewart

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com> wrote:

> Stewart L wrote:
>>
>> I keep getting these emails and I am unable to register clients.
>> Spacewalk server is CentOS 5.2, as are the clients.   selinux is disabled and so is the firewall.
>>

>> java.lang.RuntimeException: XmlRpcException calling cobbler.
>>    at
>
> Couple things:
>
> * Can you run "cobbler check" and see if it complains or notes anything?
>
> * Is 'cobblerd' running?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Mike McCune
> mmccune AT redhat.com
> Engineering               | Portland, OR
> RHN Satellite             | 650.567.9039x79248

Stewart
--
If you see yourself in others, then whom can you harm?